Interpreting Kalamkari, a short film produced for the Handloom Export Promotion Council showcases the traditional textile from the state of Andhra Pradesh in India.
Hailing from Andhra Pradesh, I grew up surrounded by a lot of Kalamkari products and have always been obsessed with the textile. There is something about a piece of handmade clothing that makes me appreciate it more than the average piece of fast fashion. I remain in awe of these artisans who invest so much effort and love into each piece of art they create. As much as I love owning trendy pieces, I love garments that tell a story and manage to create an emotional connection.
- thot-couture likes this
- malcobbs likes this
- desiwardrobe reblogged this from mastersoffashion
- style-embassy likes this
- itisthedreamworld likes this
- aishlife reblogged this from mastersoffashion
- evideyo4169 likes this
- igayas likes this
- dashedandivided reblogged this from mastersoffashion
- mastersoffashion posted this